Friday, February 1, 2013

Ear MItes and Litter Boxes

Ear Mites


If you have a dog or cat you know how annoying ear mites can be.  Eventually all of the vet appointments add up.  Especially with having more than one animal.  I have 3 cats (yes I know I'm the crazy cat lady) and every time I take them to the vet to get ear mite medicine it seems they get them again right away.

I feel like I'm a detective.  Thats why this stuff is so fun to me I think.  I can have a problem look for ways to solve it and it be at little to no cost.

To fix my cats ear mite problem so that I can do it from home and not have to pay loads of vet bills I started looking online.  I found exactly what I was looking for

You need.....  Eye dropper, canola/olive/vegetable oil, and q-tips.

Put a small amount of the oil into the eye dropper and put it down into the cats ears and sqeeze out slowly.  Then rub their ear so that it gets in really good.  Do both ears and when you are finished clean them out with a q-tip.

Litter Box

For cat owners you know how annoying it is when the cat uses the litter box and ends up getting litter all over the floor around it.  I have a solution for that! 

Take a tub with a lid.  Use a razor blade and scissors and cut a hole in the middle (best way to make a perfect hole is to trace a paper plate).  Fill it with litter and show your cat where it is.  Sha-Bam!!! 

Also for a normal litter box you can use a trash bag as a liner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment