Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bobby Pins, Fish Tank, Utensils.

Hey!!  I'm Sam as you may or may not know.  I can't work or go to school at the moment so I currently just sit at home and waste time.  I've recently gotten into the DIY scene.  I LOVE it.  Basically all I spend my time doing is looking on pinterest for new and interesting things to try and some I come up with myself.

I wanted to share the things I'm trying.  Possibly get some feedback and maybe even people who enjoy them just as much as I do.



Bobby Pins

I always find myself with a ton of bobby Pins just lying around.  I've never been able to think of something to do with them that would actually work.  I started investigating.  There were several good ideas.  I decided to try the first one there was.  An old prescription bottle.  

It was really simple and when I run out of room on the outside I can just throw them in the center. 

Fish Tank

When it was time to clean my fish bowl I threw my fish in the first thing I could find.  It just happened to be a big pickle jar.  My mind started going about a mile a minute.  This was the final result.  
I fell in love with it.   I used a 1 gallon jar. Put some of his rocks in there and Ta Da.  

Utensils

My next challenge was a way to clear space.  I was tired of having my cooking utensils in a drawer and I needed to find something to hold them in.  I searched my house and found an old vase.  It wasn't big enough.  I started searching online for something else I could use.  I quickly found how to get the remaining wax out of a candle.  It was like a light flashed on inside of my head.  I grabbed my candle that had went out about a week ago and filled it with hot water.  Then I sat it in my sink with hot water.  In about 5 minutes the wax pretty much just fell into the trash can when I tipped it over.  


I love DIY! Especially since times are hard right now and because I'm home all day!! Thanks for reading I'll be posting more!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment